The global COVID-19 pandemic has led people to struggle a lot to fight alien infections and mutations. One needs to do everything to stay protected, fit and healthy, and the foundation of fighting such infections is immunity-boosting foods. But, which superfood is the best in building the body's immune strength? It's natural honey!
Strong immunity is our first line of protection in this pandemic, and honey is the oldest sweet substance and immune-boosting bee product that humans have been eating for centuries. People have been using it in one form due to its plethora of nutritional benefits. As it can be consumed either in solid or liquid form, it holds a key place in oral, skin, body and hair care.
Why is Honey called an Immunity-Booster?
(1) Flavonoids and polyphenols present in honey go about as excellent antioxidants that safeguard the cells and tissues of the body and can kill microorganisms and microbes, forestalling damage to immune cells.
(2) Honey is a rich wellspring of Iron, Magnesium, and Calcium. Wild honey is fat-free; thus, it can be consumed by people with obesity and other weight issues.
(3) Honey is also a cancer-prevention agent with anti-inflammatory properties. As viral diseases cause more harm to cancer patients, it is hard for cancer patients to fend off an already weakened immune system. Many studies have proved that honey consumption can help chronic patients re-building their immunity.
(4) Honey is also rich in phytonutrients that work well in boosting immune power.
How to Consume Honey to Boost Immunity Quickly?
(1) The most widely adopted way embraced by many is mixing a spoonful of honey in warm water with a couple of drops of lemon and drinking it before breakfast on an empty stomach.
(2) For all those who are herbal tea fans and hope to cleanse the body, nothing is better than this detox tea. Having the goodness of turmeric, ginger, and black pepper mixed with honey, this detox tea can be a reviving beginning to your morning!
(3) A healthy smoothie with supplements in the bounty! Banana honey smoothie is a protein-rich beverage that works with weight reduction and boosts immunity with a rich amount of honey combined with pumpkin seeds that are also an extraordinary wellspring of antioxidants.
(4) A granola fruit smoothie is another high-protein wholesome drink that boasts of bananas, honey, cinnamon, flaxseeds, and a lovely crunch of granola! The healthy combination of cinnamon and honey makes this drink a wonderful immunity-boosting meal.
(5) A concoction of seeds, spices, and herbs may not taste delicious for our taste buds however can unquestionably do ponder for our wellbeing. However, this healthy concoction with the goodness of honey swirled in gives a delightful flavor.
Honey should never be boiled or cooked as it may lose all its vital & healthful properties. Always add it in the end in tea, coffee or other beverages. A spoonful of honey can go far in shielding us from undesirable contaminants and pathogens. From the heart to the skin, honey is valuable for all aspects of our body. It further develops processing as the powerhouse of antioxidants which increase the body's resistance. It is nothing unexpected that honey is designated "Yogavahi '' in Ayurveda since it is a 100% effective and nutritious element for wellbeing. Order your jar of natural honey today and gift your loved ones a gift of health this New Year.