Honey has been used as a homeopathic method to treat sore throats and colds, heal wounds, and more. There has been a lot of buzz around natural honey in recent years because of its reported health benefits and medicinal properties. But did you know honey is fantastic for your teeth as well? Certain varieties of honey are rich in antibacterial properties, which help clean teeth and break down plaque. One such honey type is Manuka honey.
It has long been regarded as nature's medicine to fight oral infections and alleviate the symptoms of gum disease. One of nature's most potent elixirs is genuinely an all-natural secret weapon to enhance oral health. It packs a powerful healing punch in every teaspoon, helping you fight tooth decay and gum disease and maintaining optimal oral health.
Oral Health Benefits of Manuka Honey –
1. Prevent Dental Cavities – Dental cavities are brought about by microscopic organisms in the mouth and lead to tooth decay. Using Manuka honey can forestall dental cavities due to its antibacterial impacts. Manuka is also viable against Streptococcus mutans, one of the most widely recognized trailblazer microscopic organisms that colonize the oral cavity.
2. Prevent Gum Diseases – Gum diseases are caused by bacterial infection and inflammation of the gums, which might prompt severe periodontal infection. This might lead to the loss of teeth as your gums begin to start from them.
3. Decrease Dental Plaque – Dental plaques are biofilms or layers of microorganisms that develop on the surfaces of your teeth. Dental plaque can develop and get stuck in the crevices of your teeth, prompting gum disease and gum illness. To prevent this problem, it is suggested to brush your teeth regularly with flossing, equally essential to remove dental plaque. Manuka honey assists well in reducing dental plaque and inhibiting oral bacteria.
Powerful Ways to Use Manuka Honey for Dental Care Needs –
(1) Mouthwash - Replace your ordinary mouthwash with Manuka honey. In contrast to efficiently produced mouthwashes, this honey kills harmful microscopic bacteria while keeping the good microbes that you want to maintain a healthy mouth.
(2) Toothpaste - Apply some Manuka honey to your toothbrush and clean your teeth with it. In this way, it'll get into the little hiding spots of your teeth and quickly begin its plaque destruction.
(3) Gum Massage - Take a drop of Manuka honey and massage it on your gums to decrease inflammation and swelling. Regardless of whether you have gum disease or not, you can use this massage method to prevent bacteria from amassing around your gums.
(4) Consume Regularly - A spoonful of honey a day keeps tooth decay away! You can consume a spoonful or add Manuka honey to your daily tea. Yet, keep in mind that it will not be as effective as applying it directly to the affected area.
Thus, it is suggested not to wait until it's too late – stop tooth decay and gum diseases by using Manuka honey in the above ways and keeping up with your dental checkups. These are some excellent reasons why organic honey benefits are so hyped up! Then, add it to your daily diet or apply it topically on your gums, face, wounds, burns and more; your body will benefit for sure. And that's the sweet truth!