Dry skin, also termed as Xerosis, is a skin type that has lack of moisture in its outermost layer. Many problems arise with this like itchiness, aging, redness, burns, etc. The only effective remedy to this is keeping the skin moisturized well enough to avoid any of these issues. Store-bought treatments are available, but nothing can really beat the naturals ever. Raw honey is a perfect organic supplement that your dry skin needs to be cared and pampered. Geohoney observed milk to be highly effective for getting rid off the dry skin, hence, this scrub is highly recommended.
Here, we share the chocolate honey scrub recipe and uses to help you get your dry skin problems tackled hassle-free.
Ingredients with benefits for dry skin:
1. Melted dark chocolate: Dark chocolates contain catechins, polyphenols and flavanols. These organic compounds make it a powerful antioxidant. It protects your skin from sun damage.
2. Milk: It helps to regenerate dead skin cells and gives your skin a glowing and smooth texture by providing it appropriate moisture. Milk is well-known for purifying, soothing and hydrating the skin.
3. Raw SIDR Honey: It’s antioxidant and exfoliation properties help you cure the skin damage and helps in moisturization.
Procedure for getting perfect skin:
1. Melt the dark chocolate for 45 seconds in the microwave. Take 2 teaspoon of this melted chocolate in a bowl.
2. Add 1 tablespoon of milk to it and mix well.
3. Now add 1 teaspoon of raw honey and ensure that you stir well.
4. You must now have a smooth paste. Keep it aside.
5. Clean your face with tap water and scrub gently with your favourite scrub, preferably one that doesn’t dry your skin like a quick unprocessed honey and sugar mask.
6. Pat dry your skin.
7. Apply the paste evenly on your face gently. Leave it for about 15-20 minutes and let it dry.
8. Rinse off with clean water and apply your daily cream.
This is a nourishing, moisturizing face mask, perfect to treat dry skin or dull appearance. You can use this mask as frequently as twice a week for dry skin only. If you have oily skin, you might want to opt for other honey-based masks for oily skin. Geohoney suggests you apply this mask at night so that your face can have a better effect of the mask.
2 years ago
Honey is the natural and best face mask for nourishment.
3 years ago
Honey is useful for skin..Highly recommended
3 years ago
Awesome nourishing and moisturizing face mask,...Thanks GeoHoney