Healing benefits of lavender honey in curing respiratory problems
Lavender honey is a type of monofloral honey made from the nectar of lavender flowers. It has a distinct floral flavour that sets it apart from other types of honey. It is not only delicious but it's also packed with some impressive health benefits. One of the most significant benefits is its ability to help with respiratory problems. The antimicrobial and anti-inflammatory properties of lavender can help soothe sore throats, reduce inflammation in the respiratory tract, and alleviate symptoms of colds and flu. In addition, the natural antioxidants in lavender honey can help boost the immune system and protect against respiratory infections.
What does lavender honey taste like?
The flavour is a delicate balance of sweet and floral notes, with a subtle hint of lavender that is not overpowering. The aroma of lavender is also present in the honey, giving it a lovely and refreshing scent. Some people describe the taste as similar to a combination of regular honey and a light floral scent, while others find it to have a subtle herbal flavour. The texture of lavender honey is similar to regular honey; it is thick and syrupy and can be a bit sticky. Overall, the taste of lavender honey is quite pleasant, and it can be enjoyed on its own or added to various recipes to give them a touch of floral flavour.
Process of producing lavender honey
The process of producing lavender honey is as follows:
1. Honeybees collect nectar from lavender flowers.
2. The nectar is brought back to the hive and stored in the bees' honey stomachs.
3. Enzymes are added to the nectar and begin to break down into simple sugars.
4. The bees regurgitate the partially digested nectar into the honeycomb, where the bees' wings fan it to evaporate the excess water.
5. Once the water content has been reduced to around 18%, the honey is considered ready to be harvested.
6. The honey is extracted from the comb by centrifugal force or by hand.
7. The honey is usually left unfiltered to keep the pollen and propolis intact, which are the natural ingredients found in the honey.
8. The honey is packaged and ready for sale.
Note that not all honey labelled as "lavender honey" may be produced exclusively from lavender flowers but rather a blend of honey from different floral sources, including lavender. To ensure that the honey you are buying is genuinely lavender honey, it is best to look for the label "100% pure lavender honey," which is given by Geohoney.
Lavender honey benefits in treating respiratory problems
Lavender honey has several benefits when it comes to respiratory issues, some of which include:
1. Antimicrobial properties: Lavender honey contains compounds such as Linalool that have antimicrobial properties, which can help fight off bacteria, viruses, and other microorganisms that can cause respiratory infections.
2. Anti-inflammatory properties: Lavender honey also contains compounds such as Terpinene-4-oil, which have anti-inflammatory properties that can help in reducing inflammation in the respiratory tract. This can help to alleviate symptoms of colds, flu, and other respiratory problems such as asthma and bronchitis.
3. Expectorant properties: Lavender honey contains compounds such as 1,8-cineole, which have expectorant properties; it can help to loosen mucus. Which can help to alleviate the symptoms of chest congestion and bronchitis.
4. Immune system boost: The natural antioxidants found in lavender honey, such as flavonoids and phenolic acids, may help in boosting the immune system that makes it easier for the body to fight off respiratory infections.
5. Soothing sore throat: The antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties of compounds such as Linalool and Terpinen-4-ol can help to soothe sore throats and reduce the symptoms of colds and flu.
Where can you buy lavender, honey?
Geohoney is the best source to buy natural and organic honey as it focuses on the origin of the honey. It produces some of the best quality monofloral honey, including lavender honey. One of the key factors that set Geohoney apart from other honey producers is their attention to the quality and authenticity of their products. They produce honey from specific regions, where it is produced from one or a few botanical sources; this means that the honey is coming from a particular location where the flowers of lavender grow. This allows us to produce honey with a distinct flavour, aroma, and colour unique to that region.