Honey is a well-known natural sweetener and has been used as a remedy for various diseases for ages. It is one of the most important household staple things, utilized for its recuperating properties and culinary delights. Going back roughly 3000 years, ancient Egyptians utilized natural honey for a huge number of purposes including restorative treatments, & sweeteners for food. Unlike any other sweeteners, honey contains enzymes, minerals, vitamins, and amino acids that make it liquid gold.
But did you ever thought why this golden liquid is so popular? Doubtlessly due to the simplicity with which it can be consumed. You can eat honey straightforwardly, put it on bread with some jam, or even blend it in with juice or any beverage. Another intriguing utilization of honey these days is having it with warm water, lime juice, and some herbs. It is enjoyed by all because of its taste as well as plentiful health benefits.
So how would you be able to use those jars of honey cluttering up in the pantry? Certainly, you can add a spoonful of it to a serving of Greek yogurt, but to learn about some interesting things you can make with honey, read on.
(1) Cookies & Cakes – Quite possibly the most self-evident - and most delicious use of honey is in desserts. Treats and cakes loan themselves perfectly to the super-sweet taste and gooey surface of honey. Having its extraordinary flavor, honey is much better than sugar.
(2) Honey Butter – Honey is consistently a sweet treat; however for a rich spread on bread, potatoes, or vegetables, we suggest preparing some honey spread at home. It's one of the yummiest things you can make with honey. Honey butter is ordinarily presented with common food items, similar to cornbread, rolls, biscuits, and pancakes, yet it's acceptable on practically everything.
(3) Soup – Sweetened soup? Yes, you heard that right! Honey is a general ingredient in softly sweet bisques, a wide range of carrot, fruit, yam, and squash soups, and in soups enhanced with curry, ginger, or chipotle preparing. Though it doesn't need to make it sweet. It can basically make it more unpredictable and balanced.
(4) Snack Bars – The ooey-gooey nature of honey makes it extraordinarily fit to a specific sort of baked item: the delicate, chewy snack bar! Honey holds its sticky, moist & flexible texture in the wake of preparation, which implies granola bars, trail mix bars, and grain bars are prime honey items.
Though honey adds great sweetness & taste to various food items, yet it is valued more for the health benefits that it offers.
(1) Suppresses Cough – This is one of the top benefits of using honey. As honey acts as a demulcent, it proves to be equally effective as a typical over-the-counter dosage of dextromethorphan in suppressing coughs.
(2) Heal Burns – Royal jelly honey is a good natural ingredient that heals burns & wounds faster and showed less inflammation than usual silver sulfadiazine.
(3) Good for Skin & Hair – If you have a rash, or skin wound, nectar can phenomenally speed the mending process. Likewise, in case you're encountering balding because of dandruff, research shows that honey may be a great solution to improving the state of your scalp.
(4) Maintains Blood Sugar Levels – Honey has a slightly lower Glycemic index (GI) than table sugar ranging somewhat between 45 and 64. Being rich in insulin-boosting properties and antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties, honey and diabetes share a symbiotic relationship. However, it is not suggested to take honey in large quantities if you are a diabetic patient. Always consult the doctor & consume honey in moderate quantity.
(5) Rich in Anti-inflammatory Properties – Do you continually experience joint distress, low energy, or poor digestion? These are indications of ongoing inflammation. Fortunately for you, honey is wealthy in cell reinforcements, which have been demonstrated to help battle and forestall inflammation.
Honey is significantly used for its never-ending benefits but it is equally important to consume good quality pasteurized honey in the right proportions. Geohoney delivers oragnic honey products that best suit your wellbeing needs and help you in getting the outcomes you need. Browse through the widest collection of monofloral & polyfloral honey varieties & pick your favorite product to get wonderful benefits.