Honey is known as the nectar of Gods for thousands of years. The main reason behind this consideration in some cultures is that honeybees are called God’s messengers. This sticky & sweet substance is known for its natural healing properties. But as much as natural honey is loved for its medicinal properties, it is now taking the spotlight in natural beauty remedies as well.
While opening our social-media accounts, we usually see many videos that give various tips & techniques to keep up great skin and hair wellbeing. However, one ingredient that is common in these videos & advertisements without which dream of beautiful skin & hair is unlikely to come true is – Honey.
As there is no stopping time & people want to look & stay young forever in this fast-paced life, going natural with honey is definitely a smart idea. This popular go-to solution for reducing aging signs is loaded with skincare benefits that will astonish you continually. Indeed, it has been utilized for a long time in numerous cultures.
Why is Honey Beneficial?
Honey is a sticky and sweet substance that has characteristic recuperating properties. It is rich in anti-bacterial, antiseptic, anti-inflammatory, and anti-oxidant properties. It is the ultimate ingredient for skin and hair care. It additionally works best on the overall body and gives us various medical advantages.
Honey is high in calories because of the presence of fructose (a kind of sugar) in it. It contains glucose oxidase that produces antiseptic hydrogen peroxide when added with water. Moreover, it is also rich in flavonoids and antioxidants that are known for their exceptional antibacterial properties.
How Honey Works Well in Helping You Stay Young?
(1) Moisturizes – Honey is a natural moisturizer and keeps the skin dryness under control. It's particularly helpful during winter when the dry air influences the skin's suppleness. As characteristic humectants, the natural honey holds moisture in the skin without delivering an excessive amount of oil. Skin that is smooth and supple looks significantly more youthful and is less prone to wrinkles.
(2) Saves from Bacterial Infection – It has been proved that honey, when applied topically, can effectively fix bacterial disease and clear wounds. Its restoration characteristics can be ascribed to hydrogen peroxide. Honey helps in getting rid of acne, wounds, skin inflammation, and other skins flaws & assists in safeguarding the skin's young shine.
(3) Revitalizes – Free radicals are among the key causes that lead to skin aging. Pure Manuka honey works as the best ingredient to neutralize the harmful effects of these free radicals. Honey is rich in antioxidant properties & proves the best to keep the skin look youthful, new, and restored all age long.
(4) Exfoliates & Cleanses – Pure honey works as a natural cleanser because of its soft consistency. Generally, no honey is available in its granular form but it acts as an extremely effective exfoliator that makes skin looks beautiful & radiant.
(5) Nourishes – Honey doesn't just work from an external perspective yet, in addition, it offers several benefits from the inside. Using honey in place of ordinary table sugar purifies & nourishes the body from within, thereby reducing the chances of skin problems & makes the skin look brighter & shinier.
How to Apply Honey on Skin?
Try to apply honey after wetting your face, or probably it will be excessively sticky. When it blends in with water, the honey's characteristic stickiness will be killed. But be careful not to get the honey in or around your eyes.
Regardless of whether this is a result of chilly climate or the delayed consequences of using harsh skin products, battle your dry skin with regular application of honey. Applying a tablespoonful of honey in a thin layer & leaving it on the skin for around 20 minutes before washing off can get you visible difference on the skin.
The use of honey in skin-care is not a new concept. Honey is an incredible natural ingredient that is brimming with nutrients and guarantees the beauty regime is complete in every aspect. Include Geohoney products in your daily diet or apply it as a face mask, it is indeed a great way to keep skin healthy & young.