Honey, known for its attractive flavor & considerable health benefits, is a true delicacy given by the little buzzing creatures. Regardless of whether you're a fan of honey or not, you've probably caught wind of how honey can be helpful outside the kitchen.
We all know that honey can taste diverse, relying upon the sorts of blossoms that honey bees gather the nectar from. Be as exclusively as it may, but have you ever known about black forest honey previously? Black forest honey has a distinctive aroma & flavor and offers similar standard health benefits.
Let’s quickly know about how black forest honey is made?
Black forest honey is popularly known as honeydew honey. This type of honey is made by collecting honeydew from trees instead of collecting nectar from the blossoms.
Honeydew, in simple words, is the secretion by the aphids. After eating tree sap, getting what they want, aphids secrete the leftover back to the trees. This sugary secretion is known as honeydew. The trees and aphids engaged with this cycle are generally found in the Mediterranean regions. These regions have large areas of land, cut off from development, and are scantily populated. Producing raw and natural honey turns into a reasonable choice in such areas.
What Makes Black Forest Honey Different from Regular Honey?
(1) Slow Crystallization Rate: Being rich in mineral content & having low glucose levels, black forest honey is less vulnerable to regular honey.
(2) Color Tone: This type of honey tends to be darker in color than regular honey. It varies in the mid-amber color ranges generally.
(3) Flavor – It tends to have intense, stronger & more distinctive flavors making it a superb choice to add to every dish you want.
(4) Health Promoting Antioxidants – It is rich in antioxidants, which work best in reducing the risk of coronary illness & certain cancer.
(5) Aroma - Another factor that makes black forest honey different from regular honey is its intense aroma ranging from spicy to smoke or herbal.
What Does Black Forest Pair Well With?
With a slightly bitter, nutty flavor & having low sugar content, this kind of honey lends itself perfectly. It adds extra deliciousness to the food to which it is added. Here are some of the best combinations that you can make with honeydew honey –
(a) It tastes best when drizzled over toasted cereals.
(b) It can be used as an appetizer, served with Crispy Pane Carasau and light soft cheeses.
(c) It goes well in a marinade calling for brown sugar or maple syrup.
(d) It can be enjoyed as a snack, melted in warm milk with a hint of cinnamon or turmeric.
(e) Swirl in a small cup of fresh ricotta cheese with crushed walnuts; it becomes a delicious dessert.
Not all honey is produced or served equally. No matter what kind of honey you select, you're going to get some of the unbelievable benefits along with a sweet treat! Buy the finest quality black forest honey from Geohoney and incorporate it into your daily diet to fight against diseases and strengthen your body, mind & soul but make sure to over-consume it.